Friday, June 26, 2009


Leave Me Alone.


I believe we create most of our monsters. I can't fathom what I would be at age 50 had I come from a background of abuse, a childhood of near slavery to performance at the behest of my father, and exposed to superstardom and all the perks that come with it from my youngest days. And if that popularity never faded; if I couldn't walk through a grocery store without attracting the attention of thousands...What would any of us become without having a shred of normalcy by which to interpret and judge all else?


Maybe he was a criminal. Maybe he wasn't. I won't ever know for sure. But I do know he was a victim. And I know there was a time that me and a million other kids thought he was one of the coolest men alive. I listen to his 80's music or watch one of his old videos and those memories come flooding back. Hopefully, he'll find some kind of peace. RIP Michael Jackson 1958-2009.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The simplest, most thoughtful obituary I've read yet. Also, I absolutely love the art. Was that a take-off on something, or is it all you?

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home